Defining Watery Diarrhea
Watery diarrhea can be defined as unusually frequent liquid or soft bowel movements. It can also be rendered as the opposite of constipation. Such type of diarrhea can either be acute which is also short-lived or it can be of a prolonged nature. Acute diarrhea can be a result of certain viral infections and can stay for up to 3-5 days. On the other hand, prolonged liquid diarrhea can remain to up to 4-6weeks and its main reason can be attributed to certain gastrointestinal diseases such as inflammation and malabsorption of any meal.
Watery diarrhea patients might experience two to three watery stools per day and nary every person will suffer from diarrhea at one point in their life. Adults tend to experience the situation about four times in a year. Although, many cases of such diarrhea are resolved within a time frame of two to three days however, if he situation persists, it is always advisable to seek help with your health care specialist.
What are the causes of watery diarrhea?
• A majority of diarrhea cases are reported to be the result of infections that occur due to a variety of reasons. However, the main cause of diarrhea is difficult to identify especially in those people who go untreated.
• Some common causes of diarrhea are the consumption of contaminated food or water. The symptoms of diarrhea are exposed usually after 12 hours to four days and can be resolved easily within 3-4 days of time.
• On the other hand, watery diarrhea can also be a result of an infection caused by the side effect of an antibiotic or drugs, gastrointestinal diseases, allergies due to contaminated food, or any other disease.
What are the symptoms of watery diarrhea?
Anyone suffering from diarrhea may wither be mildly or severely ill. Those who suffer from mild illness may have lesser loose bowel movements and are not experiencing an acute situation. However, on the other side, a person facing sever liquid diarrhea might have 20 loose bowel movements in a day and that too within 20 -30 minutes. The ultimate effect of severe diarrhea is losing of water and slat of the body and leaning towards dehydration. Some may also experience abdominal pain, cramping or high fever.
How to cure water diarrhea?
There are countless reasons of diarrhea so; determining a single method to cure it can be a difficult task. However some common actions that can help in overcoming this situation are outlined as follows:
• Excessive intake of liquids and fluids. Since, watery bowel movements tend to cause dehydration, it is important to cover the liquid requirements of the body at a quick rate.
• Consume a diet which has lower amounts of fiber in order to provide nutrients within the body in addition to stabilize the entire digestive system. Foods high in fiber can be disruptive and may adversely affect on the digestive system.
• Undergo a medication process so as to recover fast from the situation. Thee medicines are made to stabilize the overall intestinal tract functioning of the body.
• Include probiotic supplement in your diet so as to restore the right balance of bacteria within the digestive system.